ss_blog_claim=8299156e03050359cb8b68c8a64e3980

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fireworks

I love fireworks.

They are the one thing I (sort of) don't mind having to wait around for.

I will sit out in the humid hotness, or the windy chill, or the bugginess.

I will endure the lack of bathrooms and knowing that the traffic to get home is going to be horrific.

I will let my children stay up WAY too late.


Because when else can you just sit there and ohhhh and ahhhh...and be amazed? Every time.

They are so dangerous and so beautiful at the same time.

I am not one to set them off myself, way to chicken for that. Sparklers have me all nerve-wracked and imagining the sparkler-shaped burn marks they will leave on small round faces.


But sitting out there in the grass, curled up in a blanket with the whole clan. Ohhhhh. Ahhhhh. Magic.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
add to kirtsy

No comments: