ss_blog_claim=8299156e03050359cb8b68c8a64e3980

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Scramblin'

I am a time optimist.

I see no reason why I can't go to the pool at 5 and have dinner ready by 6:30...and yet...if we don't get home until 6:30 - how is that happening?

Luckily I have settled into a "system" where we have dinners planned out for the week. And although I don't always follow the plan exactly (we had Wednesday's dinner tonight because it was quicker to put together), it is hugely stress-reducing to know that I have all of the "stuff" to make dinners all week. Also money-saving, as the lure of take-out is somewhat blunted by the fact that I have already purchased the ingredients for dinner.

My mom always did this when I was growing up...and at the time it seemed so bizarre to decide a week ahead of time what we would be hungry for next Thursday. Now, it just makes sense.

I was spurred to realize the wisdom of my mother's ways (Hi Mom!) a couple of years ago when my friend recommended The Six O'Clock Scramble to me.

This is one of the best services ever. I freely recommend it and others who have tried it rave as well. I also have their cookbook and use it extensively!

Anyway - The Scramble sends you five easy, healthy recipes every week. Along with a shopping list, suggestions for side-dishes, health tips, etc. Very straightforward. Very focused. Very yummy.

Tonight I pulled out a recipe from one of their old newsletters that we had liked: Tortellini with pepperoni, gorgonzola cheese and artichokes. Quite delish - and took about 15 minutes to prepare - including boiling the water.

So that whole pool thing didn't seem so silly!

Now if only I could have a similar system for getting the rest of the things done that are stressing me. Could someone send me five stores to contact? Five huge press opportunities? Five big fat checks?

Stumble Upon Toolbar
add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Aviva Goldfarb, CEO, www.thescramble.com said...

Kristin, thanks so much for telling everyone about The Scramble. I love your blog--very funny. By the way, regarding 5 press opportunities, I think I have just the thing for you. I get some great story tips through this site: www.helpareporter.com--it's free and you get advance notice of what reporters are looking for. Anyways, I'm so glad you are enjoying The Scramble!