ss_blog_claim=8299156e03050359cb8b68c8a64e3980

Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 1

It's not like I don't normally spend time with my kids. I haven't worked full-time in years. I have been on both drop-off and pick-up duty. I am the one who stays home when they are sick. I play with them after school and on the weekends. I have spent a week at a time with them for the Christmas holidays, Spring break, school strikes, summer vacations...

But somehow the idea of this summer and the increased amount of quality (and quantity) time to be spent with them has me all freaked out. Part performance anxiety (Would they rather be at camp? Will they be disappointed?). Part regular anxiety (Am I going to lose it?)

But today was good. I didn't make Tater do too much "work" (they hate when I haul them around to do errands). He played his new video game for a bit while I continued to try to figure out what the h___ is wrong with my e-mail. No resolution there.

We swam, they swam some more.

We have plans for most of the rest of the week. A pool party, a trip to the aquarium, another pool date. We are going to turn into fish.

Next week they start camp for 3 hours a day. So that leaves 5 for me to fill, right? Oy.

I wish someone would hand me a schedule of what to do in those hours...

Stumble Upon Toolbar
add to kirtsy

No comments: